Saturday, February 12, 2011

Strip quilting with Paper or something like that....

Tim Holtz floral and Ornamental, SU butterfly, scallop, tags, small flower punches.
New crafting...I worked on a...well I don't know what you would call the technique.  Basically I cut out all these coordinating strips and glued them to a sheet then cut them into strips again.  I saw something similar on splitcoast however her design was much more organized into a quilt motif (I guess you could call mine a crazy quilt).  I had a few scraps left over after I ran them through my vagabond and then through again in an embossing folder.  I used the basket weave looking one from SU and the script one from sizzix. Of course I couldn't waste the scraps so I punched out flowers etc.  BTW...EK success punches, SU punches worked great on the heavier paper but the fiskars squeeze punches wouldn't work at all.  I was afraid I would break one!  Now...to design something to use these with....

1 comment: