Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Distress Ink class

This was really fun. I have had my Distress Inks for a long time and used them occasionally.  These techniques are great.  I think I will use these inks more often now.  Making these could be addictive!

This is a splatter technique ( I can't recall what it is officially called). Layered inks with a water  application.

Tim said in class it had sort of a bleach effect and I agree.

The next technique was watercolor stamping. I have does this before but this time I used watercolor paper as recommended instead of cardstock and I am much happier with the results.

This took on a sort of  "Fall" look. Not on purpose.  I think I will try it again with  more  spring/summer colors. I cut my own tag to mount it on as the manila was too light.

Last technique we layered colors on a tag. No splashing water on the tag this time. Pure color. My colors are slightly muddy....I will have to try again!

In this close up you see layer upon layer of color. Very different from the  "bleached" look

Slightly muddy on the bottom...I like the upper portion much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment