Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Cards

I was having an experiment day in the Stamp Room (I capitalize it because it is the best room in the house!!) and I came up with these cards.  The first one is done with the Tim Holtz ornamental die, the SU embossing folder. I used the new label punch for the sentiment.  I punched out the ends of the white sentiment and mounted it on silver (the left overs look just like airplane propellers to me!) The edge punch is a fiskars that also embosses ( $3.99 at Ross, love a bargain!)  The butterflies are part of the experiment.  I did a polished stone with alcohol inks then I embossed with clear powder the metallic part that dries more slowly.  It is a fun technique. Well enough of my blah blah blah.....


Second card is a quick birthday card for one of my husbands work mates.  She loves to fly and I guess is an amateur pilot.  This is the new Tim Holtz airplane with the same Penguin Pants sentiments.  I used my new ruffled ribbon from my SU ribbon share.  It matched perfect with the paper I had.

1 comment: