Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Spoiler Alert!! Card for Stamp Camp and Rhonna's Wine rack

I have been very busy working on several projects at once.  The card is my first draft of the project I am doing for the "Stamp Camp" that is coming up in Wenatchee on June 24th.  This is made with the SU 5 petal flower punch.  There are several different variations on this technique I found on the internet. 

This next project is a wine rack I stole from my sister a year ago. (I gave her my table top wine rack so she could hold it hostage so I would finish this) LOL.  We are going to visit for her 50th birthday so I figured I should hustle and get it done....almost there!!

BEFORE:  I sanded this all down and removed the small gold tacks.

Close up of the sanding

I spray painted it all white

Then  I spray painted blue over the white

Next I sanded lightly to let some of the white show.  On the right is the sanded area.
Well now comes the fun part....adding elements to the sanded rack.  I owe this idea to Anali my daughter as she altered a bigger wine rack for me a couple of years ago.  We found a very similar one at a thrift store outing and she took it home and transformed it.  This rack is much smaller so not such a daunting task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment